Navigating Real Estate 8
Effective July 1, 2023, homes listed for sale in Bend must include a home energy score report card for buyers to review. Developing a Home Energy Score program is part of the Bend Community Climate Action Plan to reduce community greenhouse gas emissions and mirrors a larger national push towards home energy efficiencies. As with any new policy, there are a lot of questions especially for homeowners looking to sell.
In this episode Ryan Buccola and John Schwenke discuss
- The new Home Energy Score—what it is and what it means for homeowners.
- What the Home Energy Score report includes. Not only a rating, it also provides an estimated energy cost for the home and suggestions to make the home more energy efficient.
- Ways that real estate brokers can work with the new home energy score to educate their buyers and sellers about the system and how to best understand its value.
- The higher a house is rated on the home energy score scale, the more efficient it is.
- The home energy score does not make a house more efficient; rather it is a scale rating and point of awareness to help influence the overall efficiency of a community.
- Building codes are changing, but it’s hard to tell what will happen to existing, older homes in order to improve efficiency, get a higher rating, and increase return on investment.
Listen. Follow. Drop us a Review! And please share with your real estate community.
Have an idea for a show? Let us know! Email email@example.com with ideas and feedback.
Navigating Real Estate is all about the skills, strategy, and success mindset you need to be a successful real estate broker in today’s market.
Improve your business and profitability with conversation and coaching in the areas of:
- Common Contract Problems & Solutions
- Time Management
- Knowing the Market
- Price Reductions
- Difficult Conversations with Clients
- Dispute Resolution through Mediation
- Finding Your Buyers
- How To Get More Reviews & Testimonials
- Success Mindset
- Goal Setting
- When & How To Reward Your Work
- Making Time To Learn
We produce a new episode every other week Created and hosted by Ryan Buccola, Broker/Owner at RE/MAX Key Properties.